Sunshine Short Film Festival Rules
The SSFF invites filmmakers of all backgrounds and all levels of experience to make short films for the festival. Registration is FREE.
The categories for entry this year are:
- PRIMARY for those films that feature primary school children involved in key creative roles in the production (devising the film, coming up with the concept, using cameras, assisting with editing, etc)
- SECONDARY for films that feature secondary school children in key creative roles production roles
- OPEN for everybody else.
It’s both a People’s Choice Award and a Juried Prize. The festival coordinators will make an initial short list of films to screen at the Festival screenings There will be a prize for the most popular film in each category as voted by the audience at the festival screening. All decisions will be final.
Registration and Entry Guidelines
- Registration and submission of the film must be completed by 5pm Sunday 30 September 2018
- Your film must be no longer than 5 MINUTES (including titles and credits)
- Your film must in some way address the theme of Carnevil (Halloween themed Carnival). We are leaving it up to you to decide what that means to you but please read our suggestions on the main page.
- You need to have read and understood all the terms and conditions. Please contact us if you have any questions. Submission of your film is an indication to us that you have signed off on all the terms and conditions.
Submitting Your Entry
- All entries have to be submitted online in 2 stages
- Complete the registration form and submit
- Upload your film (instructions will be emailed to you)
- Your entry will not be accepted if:
- You haven't completed and submitted the registration form.
- Your film is over the 5 minute time limit (including titles and credits)
- Your entry is not in by 5pm Sundy 30 September 2018 .
- Your entry is in violation of any of the terms and conditions with particular reference to issues of copyright on all aspects of the production.
- Recommended Specs
- Please upload your film to us in the highest quality possible
- Video Format: H264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (letterboxed if necessary)
- Resolution: 1920×1080 preferred
- Audio Format: MP3 or AAC preferred
- Frames per second: 25
- Maximum file size: 1.6 GB